Monday 17 February 2014

I Am A Strong, Independent Woman

Since valentines day has just passed, it has made me think about how much of a strong, independent woman I am. I would most definitely be lying if I said I wasn't slouching around all day, and finding myself looking at all of the lovey dovey couples. Also, I got roped into working valentines night. Do you know how hard it is serving food to couples who can't keep their eyes or hands off each other?! Friday night definitely wasn't my night. 


It is no secret that I am single, everyone knows it and I seem to have a negative magnetic field around me when it comes to men. I don't have someone to shave my legs for every day or wear 'ooh la la fancy underwear' for on a daily basis, but instead I enjoy wearing my worst onsie and seeing how long it takes me to finally shave those spider legs. I am a single lady, none will be 'putting a ring on it' anytime soon and I will be singing 'all by myself' for probable years to come. But I am proud.

If I was in a relationship, I probably wouldn't have plucked up the courage to do most of the things today. I would never have started a blog, because knowing me, I would be so enraptured in my other half that I would forget I lived on planet earth. Also, I wouldn't be going to university in September. I have major trust issues so I wouldn't want to leave my other half behind, because I would be scared he would be getting up to some 'faaaancy' business with another lady. 

If I was in a relationship, then I would be a strong, independent woman, and I would solely be relying on 'him' to do most things for me, to provide me with ultimate happiness and to give me the world. Instead, I can do that on my own. I have a bunch of amazing girlies that provide me with happiness, and I have sought out the things with make me happy. I have learnt to take on the world, rather than someone else provide me with it. And , I do everything for myself (maybe not cooking or doing my washing, because quite frankly I haven't learnt how to do that juuuust yet). 

So ladies, if you are still have valentines day woes and wishing that you had a boyfriend, just remember that you are a strong independent woman who don't need no man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment