Wednesday 19 February 2014

This Months Makeup Inspirations

Hello lovelies. 

This month I have been obsessing a little bit over trying to find new makeup looks to try out. I have been 'umming' and 'ahhing' over the traditional cat eye look, everyday smokey eye and different colour lip shades. I have found myself obsessing over 3/4 people in particular, and constantly trying out their signature makeup looks on myself.


Tanya Burr

Personally, I don't think that it is a surprise that I have been copying this makeup look from Tanya Burr recently. Tanya is makeup artist, a YouTuber, blogger and owner of her own products (Tanya Burr Lips & Nails which you can find HERE). The part of this look which I love the most is the bright lip. I have recently been wearing a nudeish eye with MAC 'Rebel' on the lip. As much as I love this lipstick, I do find that it stains and I often wake up with lipstick residue still on my lips from the day before. Some people may see this as a good thing however, because it literally doesn't budge during the day, not matter how much food you consume or how many cuppas' you have, it will still be there. This look is perfect for a day-to-day makeup look, but you can also add a neutral smokey eye to enhance the look a little more for night time occasions. 

Samantha Chapman and Nicola Haste 

These two ladies are sisters and very successful makeup artists. Their brother is engaged to Tanya Burr, and they were the ones to teach Tanya what she knows today and encourage her to start her very own YouTube channel. Sam has her very own range of makeup brushes called Real Techniques, which I seriously do not think is alien to you guys at all. The reason that I have been trying out their makeup looks, is because they're always so fresh looking and pure. The simple eye look goes perfectly with a nude lip, and I find it perfect for school based makeup looks, and also for work.

Kylie Jenner

Kylie is part of the well-known, ever-growing Kardashian family. Like the rest of her sisters, her makeup is always perfect and looks flawless. I have also been trying out the cat eye look this month, but instead of wearing black, I have been using brown. I find that it doesn't look too harsh on my eyes, and I can pair with a more subtle makeup look. Unlike Kylie, I haven't been pairing it with a strong lip, but rather sticking to a nude lip balm by Baby Lips. 

What makeup looks have you been loving this month so far? Who have you been trying to copy?

1 comment:

  1. Tanya Burr is just awesome, your right, you can't help but copy her makeup, I' considering getting some of her products

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete